Jake & Sydney

Jake & Sydney
Married almost 10 years - Jake is a baker and Sydney is a newborn photographer.

Beckham {8}

Beckham {8}

Holden {6}

Holden {6}

Piper {3}

Piper {3}

Palmer {8.25.14}

Palmer {8.25.14}

9.18.2007

Salt and Pepper

So I rolled over this morning, hearing Beckham playing with something in the general vicinity of the counter top. I kind of ignored it… well, bad mistake, because when I was fully awake and ready to be up and at 'em, I discovered nothing short of a teaspoon of pepper (sporadically dashed with salt, as well) in my hair. It was in my eyes, my mouth, my nostrils. Do you know how bad pepper burns when it gets in your nose?! I do now, thanks to the curiosity of my 19 month old son, Beckham. We used to have the toy box at the base of the center island that is in our kitchen. We don't anymore of course, because waking up to peppered facial features and the burning of pepper in my throat that reminds me of my childhood (different story, different day) made me decide once and for all that the toy box was no longer going to be situated near the countertop. He learned from our kitty, KiKi how to climb up there.

Below is just one picture of how close to a monkey my son really is….

No comments:

Post a Comment