Jake & Sydney

Jake & Sydney
Married almost 10 years - Jake is a baker and Sydney is a newborn photographer.

Beckham {8}

Beckham {8}

Holden {6}

Holden {6}

Piper {3}

Piper {3}

Palmer {8.25.14}

Palmer {8.25.14}

4.02.2014

18 weeks - 4 months to go!






Already 18 weeks along! Where did the time go?! We only have 4 months before we welcome our little one! There are a few things I've been meaning to journal - just to make sure I don't forget - since this is FOR SURE the last time we will EVER have a baby. This is the last time I will be "18 weeks pregnant". *sigh*

Some of my least favorite things about pregnancy:

Hard time breathing/feeling winded. Stairs are my worst enemy! Nausea and vomiting. I was hoping it would be done and over with when I hit 14 weeks - but here I am, 18 weeks in, and still struggle with the morning sickness and very occasional throwing up. Standing for long periods [or even short periods] of time is pretty bothersome, too. I get super dizzy. Even mid-shopping trips, I end up sitting down on one of the end cap shelves or at the bench in front, because I get SO incredibly dizzy! Eating - 1. Can't eat large/medium amounts. I get sick because it backs up into my throat. 2. Can't eat the normal foods I love. Some things are still a trigger for my gag reflex, because I’ve thrown them up earlier on in the pregnancy. {KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, and Zupas salads are unfortunately two of my fave things that are currently sitting on this list.}
Emotions are wacky! This could be due to the progesterone injections, but, boy am I a sappy mess, or what?!Thankfully there are some everyday things that pregnancy makes AWESOME:Weight gain! I am at 95 pounds! Making for a total of ELEVEN gained so far! For anybody else, the weight gain associated with pregnancy may not be a GOOD thing. However, for me, someone who seriously struggles with gaining weight, this is such an achievement! It makes me SO incredibly happy to watch the numbers get bigger and bigger each time I step on that scale!
I have been eating a lot more fruits, because they quell my craving for sugar. Thankful for apples, tangerines, and strawberries! Yum! That's the healthy-side of my sweet cravings. We won't talk about all the Snickers, Nutrageous, and ZOTS! Oh the Zots! I have eaten WAY too many. They are my favorite! Cherry, watermelon, and strawberry! My teeth hate me. I already have a few cavities and sensitive places as is. Time to get into the dentist and brush my teeth WAY more than I do! I am for once in my life going pee as many times a day as I should be! LOL I am running to the toilet all the time - but for someone who normally only pees once or twice a day, this may not be a bad thing!
I need the want/need to buy things for a baby we have no idea the gender of to go AWAY - every. single. time. I see a cute little girl dress - I want it. Every. single. time. I see an adorable puppy dog boy layette, I want it! We're basically starting from scratch this time around, since we thought we were done at three - so although I don't need girl clothing [that's the only thing we have besides a crib!] I *do* need boy clothes if this one is a boy. Thank GOODNESS my little sister just had twin boys! [Baby Peanut is actually due on her boys' FIRST birthday! How awesome is that?!] She is kindly and oh-so-generously offering us not only the use of one of their car seats when baby is born, but also, some of their clothing! *crossing fingers it's a boy for that reason alone*

There are so many different gender prediction theories out there - didn't really pay much attention to them with the other kiddos. However, I've been obsessed with them this time around! The few that I’ve done + their prediction:


Carrying high or low: low = GIRL

Nub Theory = GIRL

Skull Theory = GIRL

Ramzi Theory = GIRL

Craving sugar or salt: sugar = GIRL

Morning sickness or no: lots of it = GIRL

Heartrate: 140+ = GIRL

Chinese Calendar = GIRL

Facial complexion: acne = GIRL


We find out in a short **7** days what baby will be! I absolutely cannot WAIT! April 10th is the big day. Jake and I will go to the ultrasound to find out, and we’ll be throwing some little gender reveal get-togethers, one for each side of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment